Monday, November 29, 2010

How Location Based Social Media Can Help Save You a Buck

With tough economic times people are always trying to find ways to save a dollar. In the article on mashable.com it discusses how stores on black Friday are offering discounts to people to check in using location based social networking sites. Once you have checked in and you can prove that you checked in you are sometimes awarded a badge that will allow you to get the discount or you can simply show that you have checked in and you are awarded the discount on the spot. Sears also awarded discounts to people who had like a certain product of theirs

By promoting these special discounts to people I believe it brought more people to the foursquare website to join, in return raising the awareness of the site. I know personally that I have seen in multiple places lately the little foursquare logo, either by the cash register, seeing it on their website or Facebook page or being told about it by a sales associate. If more stores would make it aware I believe foursquare would be a little more popular.

The stores who did promote their location based service properly probably will have a successful return rate on black Friday. So if you are looking to save a buck then make sure to check out your favorite stores websites, facebook pages, and foursquare announcements.


No comments:

Post a Comment