Have you or anyone you know ever had cancer? I am sure everyone has been affected by cancer in some way shape or form. Everyone everywhere hopes that someday their is a cure for cancer so we can put an end to this awful disease. In the article #BeatCancer Aiming to Set World Record for Most Social Mentions , by Vadim Ladrusik, it discuss how Livestrong is trying to beat their own World Record of most mentions on Twitter and Facebook. Last year 209,771 mentions in 24 hours and this year they are looking to beat it.
Would you like to help? If so, all you have to do, starting at 12 p.m. on Friday until 12 p.m. on Saturday, is mention the hashtag #BeatCancer in your Facebook status, Blog, or Twitter and $0.05 is donated to cancer charities. How simple is that!
I think this is such a creative/innovative idea to donate to cancer charities. Since social media is so popular, I think more organizations should use this technique. It's simple, they just need to pair up with a large organization or two that would be willing to donate money on behalf of the people who are spreading the word or awareness. I know I will be posting the hashtag on one of my social media accounts, will you?
This is such a good idea. And such an easy way to raise money for such a great cause. I know in the past few weeks I have seen alot of woman updating their status about where they like their bra hung in memory of Breast Cancer Awareness month. Good blog.
ReplyDeleteSo is Livestrong the one who donates money or is it the social network? Either way, I agree with Abby, this is an awesome way to gain money for a good cause, but also a good way to gain awareness. I will definently be updating my status come Friday!
ReplyDeleteThis is great. Thanks for bringing attention to this it is so easy to do and it does so much good. I will doing this on Friday and I hope everyone else who reads your blog does as well.There is no reason not to participate in this. Awesome!
ReplyDeletePayPal and SWAGG are donating the money. I think it is very admirable of them to do so. And the fact that they increased the amount of the donation by five times is astonishing! If they even match last years earnings it would put the amount at $350,000.
ReplyDeleteThe only problem I see, is the fact that a lot of those people don't know the companies behind the donations, so I'm not sure if they will get all of the recognition they deserve for their social responsibility. Either way it's a great cause and I hope they beat that $350,000!